Tuesday 1 July 2008

Jay-Z Slams 'ignorant' Gallagher

Rapper JAY-Z has hit out at critic NOEL GALLAGHER, branding him "ignorant" for predicting his show at the U.K.'s Glastonbury festival would be unsuccessful.
The Oasis rocker criticised the hip-hop star when it was announced he would be appearing at the annual music event, saying, "I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong. Jay-Z's got no chance."
But Jay-Z silenced his naysayers by wowing tens of thousands of fans with a hit headlining set on Saturday (28Jun08).
And speaking before the gig, the rapper seemed confident he would win over festival-goers, insisting Gallagher shouldn't have made the remarks without watching him perform live.
He said, "You know that sometimes remarks are made out of ignorance.
"If Noel Gallagher had seen me perform and said that then I'd understand it. That is a personal opinion and I have no bearing on how he feels. You know - it's just not your taste.
"But he has never seen me perform. I'm sure, or else he wouldn't say that. We will see what happens."